Got 2 kilos of pork meat for FREE when we purchased P1,400 worth of Robina goods the other day at Robinson's Forum Supermarket. Yey!
So, last night, since it was a holiday and a no-work-day for me, I decided to cook Pork Sinigang (or Sinigang na Baboy in Tagalog) for dinner. Another classic, and another favorite, too! I just had a hard time cooking it because the meat we got for free was kinda old, so I had to boil it and change its water completely for three times. That was a lot of work! But I'm thankful my family still liked it and they even said it's delicious. So hooray for that!
Here's my recipe for Pork Sinigang:
What you need:
1 Kilo Pork (cut into chunk cubes)
1 big pack of Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix
1 big Onion (diced)
2 pcs Radish (sliced diagonally)
2 pcs Sayote (sliced)
3 pcs Potatoes (diced)
1 bundle Kangkong
Patis (fish sauce) and Maggi Magic Sarap to taste
3 cups water
1. In a casserole, bring pork to a boil.
2. Once the meat is tender, add onions.
3. Add potatoes and radish. Then add sayote. Bring to a boil, or until vegetables are cooked.
4. Add kangkong. Simmer for a minute or two.
5. Season with patis and Maggi Magic Sarap.
6. Pour in Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix. Simmer then turn off heat.